[Firefox Developer Center]Mozilla Firefox is a free web browser for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, in which the latest stable version is 3.5.7. A beta was released for the new upcoming version 3.6.
Firefox is a direct descendant of the Mozilla Suite's browser, which in turn was a rewrite of the original Netscape code. It was created because most people did not need or want the bloat such as an email client or HTML editor in their browser.
Release Notes (from Mozilla)Edit
- FIPS mode startup crash issue fixed
- Fixed several stability issues
- Flash issues fixed
- Corrupt JIT state after deep return from native function
- Crash and remote code execution during Flash player unloading
Version 3.5 Edit
- Multiple cross origin wrapper bypasses
- setTimeout loses XPCNativeWrappers
- Crash and remote code execution using watch and __defineSetter__ on SVG element
- Heap/integer overflows in font glyph rendering libraries
- Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:1.9.1/188.8.131.52)
- XUL scripts bypass content-policy checks
- Incorrect principal set for file: resources loaded via location bar
- Arbitrary code execution using event listeners attached to an element whose owner document is null
- Race condition while accessing the private data of a NPObject JS wrapper class object
- SSL tampering via non-200 responses to proxy CONNECT requests
- Arbitrary domain cookie access by local file: resources
- URL spoofing with invalid unicode characters
- Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:184.108.40.206)
- Fixed several stability issues.
- Several issues were reported with the internal database, SQLite, which have now been fixed by upgrading to a newer version.
- Fixed an issue where, in some specific cases, the bookmarks database would become corrupt. (bug 464486)
- Fixed a security issue.
- Crash in nsTextFrame::ClearTextRun()
- Fixed a major stability issue.